We had some progress on Sunday. We removed the rest of the stuff from the new room, painted in primer one wall and rigged up some stuff for the gate.
Not much happened during this meeting. We just tinkered around with different types of paint we could paint our new room in.
It's been a while since last update because I was too lazy to take minutes. However, I managed to write up notes from yesterday's meeting, so here they are.
The good news: we've got a new room! It's that room across the hall from metal shop, the one full of chairs.
The bad news: we need to clean it up to use it.
We did not make any progress on the gate because it was too dark. Need to tackle this one some time on weekend.
Lights outside of the door
We looked into installing lights outside of door at the parking lot. Existing fixture appears to not be working at all. We are probably going to rig up our own light system there.
Made some progress with this one. Ordered 4" and 2" hoses and clamps. The way we planned it so far is if you need to to use a tool you take that tool out and place it at the middle of the room on a table, connect hoses and start working. Then put the tool back. Package should arrive this Saturday, 13th. The next thing is to design adapters to various tools. Mostly it is going to be adapters from 2" to whatever diameter of the tool's dust collecting hole is, but we could get creative and design some adapter that would allow us to use 2 tools at once, or something like that.
We ordered a pack of 6 measuring tapes, cause you can never have enough of these.