Today’s I started by cleaning engine from soil/gunk/dirt/spider web/dead spiders with my old toothbrush. Drained oil. Disconnected engine from the main frame.
Here are the rest of the parts on a table:
All of them need a good bath. Some of them we’ll have to replace (cylinder head gasket, rusty air filter) but that will come later. Next step I think would be trying to disconnect engine body from engine... “footer”? (I don’t know what you call it.)
I removed screws but it was still very well connected as if it was one piece (which it clearly isn’t). I have to research how to separate these parts. That’s gonna be the task for the next session. Check out calendar for the next event.
Yesterday we took it apart a little bit more. We took off top cover, gas tank, throttle, cute little muffler and heat sink / cylinder head (whatever the name of that component is, I have no idea) with lonely spark plug. Now it needs some more cleaning before we can move on with disassembly farther. Also, oil needs to be drained too. Here are pictures of the progress so far:
I may work some more on it on Monday 2020-01-20 around starting around 11am-12pm. Check the calendar if you have nothing to do on a holiday.
On Saturday I spent some time preparing lawnmower to get cleaned and repaired. I relocated it to our welding room, removed wheels and cleaned up a bit on the outside. Planning to come back to it on Saturday 18. Check the calendar for event. Here are before and after pictures: